Mission and Expectations
Dr. Charles E. Murphy School envisions a positive learning environment that focuses on the development of the whole child. Students will acquire the ability to be their own guide, while developing core values, organizational skills, and knowledge. Each child will have a solid foundation for learning, be confident, caring, and self-motivated, as they become contributing members of their community.
To achieve the vision, it is our mission to:
- Provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere where educating the heart is as important as educating the mind.
- Meet the individual needs and interests of students by addressing different learning styles, stimulating curiosity and creativity, and incorporating technologies and innovative ideas.
- Celebrate uniqueness, appreciating both similarities and differences among all people.
- Promote the development of self-discipline and foster a sense of caring, respect, pride, and commitment toward others.
- Implement a challenging curriculum based on national and state standards.
- Give students opportunities to develop a lifelong love of learning and acquire the tools to make appropriate decisions and choices in their lives.
- Encourage the participation and involvement of parents and the community.
Expectations for Student Learning
- Read for information, understanding, and application for a variety of purposes.
- Communicate effectively through action, speech, and writing.
- Meet national and state standards.
- Demonstrate research skills.
- Use various types of technology.
- Practice creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills across the curriculum.
- Exhibit appropriate standards of behavior.
- Participate actively and cooperatively with others to achieve group goals.
- Demonstrate an awareness of physical and personal well-being.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that facilitate positive, respectful, and productive relationships.